Posting Flyers in the Residential Halls
office of residential life
- No outside vendor solicitations are allowed in Boston College residence halls. The Boston College Police Department will remove anyone from campus who is distributing flyers without permission, including local restaurants, delivery services, employers, etc
- In order to post flyers in the residence halls, you must be a registered club, organization, or academic or administrative department at Boston College
- Flyers for residence halls are distributed through the Office of Residential Life only
- Flyer approval is at the discretion of the Office of Residential Life
- Make flyers. Flyers must clearly show who the sponsor is and display a contact email address. Flyers will not be approved if they contain lewd messages, offensive imagery, or alcohol references.
- Bring the flyers to the Office of Residential Life, Maloney Hall, Suite 220, and provide the Residential Life Assistant a copy for approval. A copy will be kept for our records. If you are concerned about your flyers being approved, create a proof, then wait until after it has been approved to make the remaining copies.
- Once your flyers have been approved, you will stamp them with a Residential Life stamp and collate them. This takes about 10 minutes. The stamp is not allowed to be photocopied. You do not have to stamp them with another department stamp.
- Hand your flyers back to the Residential Life Assistant to be distributed through the RAs. It may take up to five days for your flyers to get posted.
Flyers are posted one per RA. You may target a specific area or post in all halls.
|Area||# of Flyers|