Applying to 4Boston
Service is integral to student life at Boston College, and participation in student and academic service programs is highly promoted. As such, there are many ways to serve: PULSE, Appalachia Volunteers, Loyola Volunteers, Learning to Serve, and many more. 4Boston recognizes that there are many volunteer options, and coupled with the constraints of our placements and resources, 4Boston asks prospective volunteers to go through an application process that includes essays and an interview. There are limited spaces within 4Boston, and the council determines which candidates will be able to make a full commitment of themselves to a volunteer placement, to a reflection group, and to the three pillars of 4Boston: community, spirituality, and social justice. The application process takes place in September of each year.
*The application will become available on Friday, September 5th*
2014—2015: IMPORTANT DATES FOR APPLYING
- Please attend one of the information sessions listed on the 4Boston Calendar.
- The application is due on Friday, September 12th at NOON.
- EVERYONE (including returners) MUST INTERVIEW during the week of September 15th. Once your application has been submitted, PLEASE sign up for an interview between September 10th - 12th in the 4Boston office (McElroy 111).
- To access the application, please check back on Friday, September 5th.
- Applicants will hear back sometime on either September 21st or September 22nd.
- All volunteers are expected to attend our first event of the year, Commissioning, on Tuesday, September 23rd at 7pm in the Murray Function Room.
Want to learn more about placements? Click here for more information about the placements, council people, and the days/times you can volunteer at each.