Information Technology Services
- BC cable TV is only available to on-campus students.
- All BC students, regardless of where they live on campus, get the same cable TV stations.
- There is a cable connection at each bed and in common areas of most residence halls.
- Because BC’s cable system is not scrambled, there is no need for a converter box.
- There is no additional monthly bill for cable service.
- Make sure to program your TV to recognize all the cable channels available at BC (consult your TV manual for instructions).
- Check out the full channel line-up.
What you need
- A cable-ready TV & manuals.
- An RG6 quad shield coaxial cable with male “F” connectors at both ends (see Figure 1). Note that not all TVs come with this cable, so you may need to purchase it before coming to campus or at the BC Bookstore.
Figure 1: RG6 quad shield coaxial cable with male “F” connector.
If you have a VCR or DVD player, you will need
- An RG6 quad shield coaxial cable with male “F” connector (see Figure 1).
- VCR manual/DVD player manual.
- If you want to watch one station and record another at the same time, you need a 1000 MHz splitter. The setup varies with model of VCR. Consult your manuals.