Information Technology Services
- BC cable TV is only available to on campus students.
- All BC students, regardless of where they live on campus, get the same cable TV stations.
- There is a cable connection at each bed and in common areas of most residence halls.
- Because BC’s cable system is not scrambled, there is no need for a converter box.
- There is no additional monthly bill for cable service.
- Make sure to program your TV to recognize all the cable channels available at BC (consult your TV manual for instructions).
- Check out the full channel line-up.
What you need
- A cable-ready TV & manuals.
- An RG6 quad shield coaxial cable with male “F” connectors at both ends (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: RG6 quad shield coaxial cable with male “F” connector.
If you have a VCR or DVD player, you will need
- An RG6 quad shield coaxial cable with male “F” connector (see Figure 1).
- VCR manual/DVD player manual.
- If you want to watch one station and record another at the same time, you need a 1000 MHz splitter. The setup varies with model of VCR. Consult your manuals.