information technology services
Don't forget these items when you move to BC
- Your computer. Get started with your computer at BC.
- A laptop lock - Protect your investment!
- UL-approved fire and surge protector strip (required by BC's Offices of Fire & Safety and Residential Life.)
- Coaxial cable for your TV.
- Backup your important files. To make sure you don't lose important files if your computer stops working, you should back up your computer on a regular basis. The easiest way to do this is to use an online service (search for: “online backup services”) that will do it automatically for you. Learn about other backup options at BC.
- Prepare to print. Printers are available for purchase through the BC Bookstore or your favorite retailer. You can also print to laser printers in the Campus Technology Resource Center (CTRC) or O'Neill Library from anywhere on campus. You are given $15.00 in PrintBucks each semester (equivalent to 500 black and white pages). Learn more about printing at BC.
- Ethernet cable (in case you have an issue with wireless connectivity)
Need Help During Move-In?
Technology help will be available onsite during move-in. Just ask for help when you check in at your residence hall. See the hours of operation for the CTRC, Walk-In Help Desk, and Help Center [617-552-HELP (4357)].