Merkert 127 Audiovisual Instructions
a guide to using your classroom audiovisual equipment
Before using the audiovisual equipment, you must attend a training session with a qualified MTS technician. Once you have completed the training you will be given access to the equipment. Call 2-4219 to set up a appointment today.
Starting Up the System:
- On the AMX control panel press and hold the system power button.
- To start up the projector you must select a source (i.e. “1/2 local” for VCR or “Comp #1” for Computer.)
The projector will take approximately one minute to warm up.
To Display Your Laptop:
- Connect the Red-Green-Blue interface cables to either of the silver panel located below the chalkboards.
Red cable to RED
Green cable to GREEN
Blue cable to BLUE
Black cable to SYNC
- Connect the 15 PIN jack from the Interface cable box into the back of the laptop.
- Turn on your laptop.
- Select either Comp #1 or Comp #2, which ever corresponds to your cable location on the silver panel.
The left hand side panel is Comp #1, the right is Comp #2.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen —
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor “F” key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific “F” key varies on laptops, therefore look for the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT)
On Mac, hold down the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols (usually F7).
To Play a VCR Videotape:
- Turn on the VCR.
- Put your tape into the VCR.
- Select 1/2 Local Button.
- Adjust the volume on the AMX panel using volume up and down buttons.
Using the Lavalier Microphone:
- Press the power button on the SHURE wireless receiver. This is located above the AMX console.
- Turn on the wireless mic unit by pressing Power On and then Mic On.
- Adjust the volume on the SHURE receiver as well as on the AMX volume control.
Shutting Down the System:
- Turn off the laptop or VCR.
- Neatly coil the Red-Green-Blue cables and place back on the shelf of the control booth.
- Press the System Power button to shut off the system. ** Please note: you will not be able to restart the projector until it has completed cooling down. This will take approximately 2 minutes.**
- If you are using the remote control, please return it to the shelf in the control booth.
- Turn off all the lights in the control booth.
- Please make sure the control room door is secured before exiting.