Gasson Audiovisual Instructions
a guide to using your classroom audiovisual equipment
- Press and hold the DISPLAY ON button on the Extron panel for 3 seconds.
The button lights will flash while projector warms up - this is normal.
- Wait 45 seconds while the projector warms up. Do not press any buttons on the panel before the 45 seconds are up.
- Locate the electric screen switch on the wall and press down to lower the screen.
Remove the 15 pin cable from the cabinet drawer.
Connect your laptop, using the cable, into either the LAPTOP 1 or LAPTOP 2 input plug on the Extron panel.
NOTE: If you are using a Mac, you may need to use your VGA adapter.
Plug your laptop's power cord into the power outlet on the Extron panel.
To connect to the Internet, plug your Ethernet cable into the Internet connection jack on the Extron panel.
Turn on your laptop.
On the Extron panel, press the button corresponding to where you plugged in the cable (LAPTOP 1 or LAPTOP 2)Even if this button is already lit, deselect it and then reselect it now.
On the Extron panel, press the AUTO IMAGE button to center your image on the screen.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen —
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor “F” key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific “F” key varies on laptops, therefore look for the ”F” key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT)
On Mac OS X, hold down the "F" key displaying two monitor symbols (usually F7).
Turn on the DVD player or VCR by pressing the power button on the left side of the deck.
Insert your disc or VHS tape into the player.
On the Extron panel, press the DVD or VCR button. Even if this button is already lit, deselect and reselect it now.
Adjust the volume level with the Volume control knob on the Extron panel.
Turn off your laptop.
Disconnect the 15 pin cable from your laptop and return it to the drawer.
Press the DISPLAY OFF button for 3 seconds. The light will flash while the projector cools down.
NOTE: You will not be able to restart the system until the projector cools down. This will take about 2 minutes.
Raise the projector screen by pressing the wall switch up.
Lock the Black Box cabinet before you leave the room.