Help Conserve at BC when You Leave Campus
Memorial Day approaches, and, as the spring stretches into summer, many people from the BC community may be taking long weekends or a long-anticipated vacation. BC's Office of Engineering and Energy Management recently shared some tips on some simple steps you can take to help conserve energy at BC when you are away.
Before leaving campus:
- Turn off items that consume electricity, such as lights and individual coffee makers.
- Unplug chargers and other electronic equipment.
- Shut down computers.
- Review requirements and assignments for turning off office equipment such as printers and copiers.
- Where possible, close blinds and curtains in offices and classrooms.
- Close windows.
- If a refrigerator is empty, raise the setting to a warmer temperature.
- In offices with thermostats, raise the setting to 75 degrees.
Small efforts collectively result in big savings, and every effort is appreciated!
For additional energy-saving tips, visit www.bc.edu/green.