ITS By the Numbers: Move-in Day 2011
Thursday, September 1, was move-in day for First Year Students, traditionally one of the busiest days on campus. Last year, it was also one of the hottest, as temperatures hovered in the 90s. A perfect late-summer day greeted students and their parents in 2011.
ITS staff and EagleTech student employees were out in full force helping students on Upper and Newton campuses with technology questions. See some statistics about the day below.
- 6 – Residence halls where ITS staff and EagleTech students were stationed.
- 22 – ITS staff who volunteered to work in the halls, helping students and parents.
- 34 – EagleTech student employees working on Newton and Upper
- 218 – Customer requests closed by on-site ITS staff and EagleTechs, including:
- 14 – Customers helped with installing McAfee anti-virus.
- 22 – Customers helped with installing Sophos anti-virus.
- 15 – Requests for help installing cable TV.
- 109 – Requests to activate a device to the BC Wireless Network.
- 16 – Requests to connect a printer.
- 129 – Calls taken at the BC Help Center (617-552-4357).
- 26 – Customers assisted at the Walk-In Help Desk.
- 14 – Requests assigned to Hardware Repair.