Enter the ITS Cyber Security Video Contest
October is Cyber Security Awareness Month, and BC ITS will be spreading the word and sharing cyber security tips and strategies throughout the month, including our second annual video contest (details below).
Just because it's still September doesn't mean you have to wait to help keep your data and personal information secure.
- Visit staysafeonline.org any time to learn more about protecting yourself from cybercrime.
- Read this article with six easy-to-remember tips to help stay safe online.
- Think it can't happen to you? A recent study indicated that over 400 million adults were affected by cybercrime in the past year.
Help BC ITS get the word out about Cyber Security with your own video Public Service Announcement. All members of the BC Community are welcome to participate. For information and inspiration see: bc.edu/security and staysafeonline.org.
Winning videos will be posted on the ITS website. Honorable mentions may also be posted.
Want to see an example of what we are looking for? Click Here.
- Create a short (no longer than 3 minutes) video about the importance of cyber security. Your video must be original and not contain any copyrighted music, images, or content.
- We hope your videos will be entertaining, but please keep in mind that your submission should be tasteful and appropriate for all audiences.
- You may submit the video as an individual or a team. If the video is submitted as a team, only one prize will be awarded for the whole team.
- To submit your video, upload it to youtube and email us the link at email@example.com. Do not send your video as an attachment. In your email, be sure to include your name and phone number.
- All videos must be submitted by noon on Friday, October 14.
- Finalists will be announced on the EagleTech Facebook Fan Page at 4 p.m. on Friday, October 14.
- As soon as finalists are announced, voting will begin in the form of Facebook Likes. The video which receives the most Facebook Likes on the EagleTech Facebook Fan Page by noon on Friday, October 21, will be declared the winner. The videos that receive the second and third most votes will receive other great prizes.
- Winners will be notified on Monday, October 24. Winning videos will be posted on the ITS website and may be shown on some BC cable stations.