ITS Systems Management is one of several departments reporting to the Technology Vice President and CIO. It is comprised of both the Systems Administration and Computer Operations groups. The Data Center and staff offices are located in St. Clement’s Hall on the Brighton Campus.
The primary responsibilities of Systems and Operations are to install, maintain, backup and recover University servers (Systems) and to provide 7x24 monitoring of server health and processes (Operations). This work is currently accomplished with a staff of 32 people.
The following are some important facts about Systems Management as of 03/15/2010:
• 800+ servers supported
• 264 Terabytes of disk space
• 4300 Sq Feet of data center space
• Computer Operation is covered 7 X 24 by 12 full time employees
• The Systems Administration team has 17 members that cover UNIX, Windows and Storage
• 40% of the servers in the data center are virtual.