information technology services
The Graduate Technology Consultant (GTC) works directly with a supervising Technology Consultant (TC) by providing technical support for all desktop computing and communications needs of faculty and/or staff in a particular area. The GTC also works as a member of a team of graduate technology consultants across campus.
Essential functions include assisting TCs with the following tasks:
- Providing local computing and communications support to all users in a work unit;
- Implementing and maintaining University hardware, software and networking standards;
- Collaborating when necessary with TCs on problems requiring more specialized technical skill;
- Monitoring the status of all problems reported;
- Working with TCs to continuously ensure that the highest level of customer service is being provided to all members of the work unit;
- Providing feedback to the TC about possible training and development needs of the members of the work unit;
- Assisting with the data back-up program and assisting with decision making related to technology purchases in the work unit.
Candidates should be comfortable using computer technology and have a willingness to acquire new technical skills. A positive attitude and a focus on customer service are very important. In this role you will have the opportunity to learn and support several technologies as well as increase your customer service skills through:
- Daily desktop support of faculty and staff for Windows and Macintosh computers
- Daily interaction with faculty and staff.
- Explaining technical issues to non-technical users
- Supporting software such as: MSOffice for Windows and Macs
- Assisting faculty and staff with email, printer connectivity, network connectivity, BC Portal, MyFiles, mobile devices
- Assisting the Technology Consultants with support documentation and other administrative duties
15 hours per week: September through December then February through May.
20 hours per week: June through August.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply to be a GTC, please click on the link below to fill out an application.
We are now taking applications for Fall 2012.
Early applicants will be interviewed in May and interviews will continue during the summer for the next Academic Year until all positions are filled..