Office of the CIO
information technology services
The Office of the CIO, in collaboration with the entire Boston College community, strives for efficient and effective use of information technology (IT) in support of University goals and objectives.
- Chief Information Officer: Michael Bourque
- Chief Technologist: Peter Salvitti
- Director, ITS: Elizabeth Dority
- IT Operations Management – Provide IT oversight for major initiatives of enterprise importance; advise on workforce development ensuring technical knowledge and expertise is maintained.
- Strategic Development – Provide leadership in the planning, design, and evaluation of major University projects; provide oversight and support to the Architecture Review Board; produce and update the University’s multi-year IT Strategic Plan; develop and maintain key IT standards with respect to IT resources such as: web technologies, development platforms, process and rule management, and data.
- IT Performance Measurement – Develop key performance indicators used in the overall evaluation of the University’s major investments in IT; oversee and manage risks associated with major IT systems and technologies; periodic review of all IT resources and systems ensuring redundancy is reduced.
- IT Investment Analysis – Assist in the assessment of risks posed by major IT initiatives involving University processes, rules, and data.
- Policies/Procedures – Develop and coordinate policies and procedures used to manage IT resources; establish and implement policy programs for the express purpose of maintaining the University’s enterprise architecture; promote and support the activities of the University’s Architecture Review Board.