Application, Architecture, and Integration Services
information technology services
Application, Architecture, and Integration Services provides a wide portfolio of services to all members of the Boston College community by developing, supporting, and delivering state of the art applications and infrastructure to support and further the mission and vision of Boston College.
- Application Services
- Middleware Services
- Architecture Services
- Database Administration
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
John Berardi, Director
- Application Services – Designs, integrates, and implements a variety of computer applications in a complex environment using various development tools and platforms. Focuses on the main ERP application portfolio, which is made up of the Advancement, Facilities Management, Finance, Human Resources, and additional functionality in document management, job scheduling, reporting, and workflow.
- Middleware Services – Supports application infrastructure layer components and services; a critical part of the underlying architecture used by most University systems and applications. Builds and integrates new systems and ensures existing systems continue to run smoothly.
- Architecture Services – Advances the Application Architecture Environment to position Information Technology Services as a provider of an infrastructure and framework on which quality, reliable applications can be developed. Defines the standard set of tools, technologies, and frameworks used for application development.
- Database Administration – Provides administration, maintenance, and monitoring of the database infrastructure used by enterprise applications and departments in support of their business operation.
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence – Supports Institutional Research and other core administrative functions for both operational and analytic reporting against the University’s Data Warehouse.