boston college computer replacement program
The Boston College Computer Replacement Program (BCCR) is the University program to replace faculty and staff computers on a four-year lifecycle.
The third BCCR cycle, BCCR3 began on Sept 1, 2012 and will complete on May 31, 2015.
BCCR3 will be similar to BCCR2
ITS makes every effort to deliver new computers that are ready for use. This includes moving user data and settings from the old computer and reinstalling any necessary special software applications and configuring printers on the new computers.
WHAT's the SAME?
- Dell and Apple desktop and laptop computers are offered.
- BCCR will continue to use the Altiris Tool to collect information about installed software and other user configuration.
- BCCR and Department Contacts use the IT Asset Management application (AM-CR) to track the computers currently in their department and also to specify what computers to order and schedule for replacement.
If you received a BCCR computer during a previous replacement cycle, you will notice some changes to the program.
- Monitors are replaced. Dell Desktop computers include a 23" monitor. Apple desktops are all-in-one systems (iMacs).
- Dell computers will come with Windows 7 Operating System -64 bit will be the default configuration.
- Apple computers will come with the latest version of Mac OS X.
- BCCR expects to receive back a BC-owned working computer for every computer replaced. Departments will have the option to return older systems first, providing they are BC owned.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional will only be installed by request.
- Automated emails will be sent to end-users updating them on the status of their upcoming computer replacement.