Administrative Program Review
institutional research, planning & assesment
Administrative Program Review (APR) was launched in 2006 as part of BC's Strategic Plan and the University's commitment to continuous improvement and Ever to Excel.
APR is a set of activities designed to help managers and employees examine their department's current operations, make adjustments, and establish plans for continuous improvement.
These activities include an internal self-assessment conducted by members of the department, a campus visit by peer experts from other leading universities, the implementation of an action plan for changes based on recommendations from the APR reviews, and ongoing monitoring and follow-up.
- Examine the department's mission and how it aligns with the University's Mission and Strategic Plan
- Review current priorities, direction, services, and organizational efficiency
- Identify customer needs and collect customer feedback
- Validate strengths and identify opportunities for improvement
- Gain insight from knowledgeable experts at peer institutions
- Benchmark practices, services, and quality with those of other leading national universities
- Develop action plans and performance measures to achieve high-quality performance results
- Established, clear priorities that link to university priorities
- Improved short-range and long-range planning to reach those priorities
- Participation and input from members regarding improvement
- Integration of assessment methods into its operations for continual feedback
- Improved levels of customer and employee satisfaction
- Enhanced communication within the department
- Support for managers and employees to develop and improve skills
- Opportunities for increasing and supporting diversity
- Broader understanding of university processes