Semester and Academic Year Programs
office of international programs
Boston College's more than 60 international partner institutions are located on six continents and offer virtually every discipline available at BC. Students can select semester and full-year study with BC programs or approved external programs.
A semester or year abroad with a BC program is integrated into the BC curriculum and course of study.
- Students continue to pay BC tuition;
- Students remain eligible for all financial aid they would generally receive at BC;
- Students can apply for McGillycuddy-Logue Travel Grants;
- Students receive a full semester or year of elective credit. In addition, some courses abroad may count towards major/minor/core requirements;
- Grades earned abroad appear on the BC transcript and are included in GPA calculations at BC;
- Most BC programs have on-site coordinators who serve as academic liaisons, as local guides, and mentors to ensure the safety and well-being of the students. In smaller BC programs these services are arranged through personnel from host institutions.
Those programs are offered by providers and universities other than BC.
- Students do not pay BC tuition, but rather pay tuition and fees directly to the provider;
- Students are charged $1,000 BC administrative fee;
- Students forfeit BC financial aid but federal and state aid remain;
- Grades appear on transcript but are not calculated into the BC GPA;
- Students receive a full semester or year of elective credit. In addition, some courses abroad may count towards major/minor/core requirements.