Semester & Academic Year Application Process
mapping the application process
2. RESEARCH PROGRAMS
• Observe respective deadlines
• Ask your ISA to set up an OIP record for you
• Students can only apply to one program at a time
5. Approval by OIP
6. PICK UP OIP CHECKLIST
• If applying to a BC program, pick up a checklist and application at OIP
• If applying to an external program, pick up only a checklist at OIP
7. COMPLETE AND RETURN APPLICATION
• Observe the deadline on your checklist
• Obtain academic approval to study abroad
• For BC programs, return checklist and application to OIP
• For external programs, return checklist to OIP; after that students are responsible for sending applications directly to the program provider.
8. ATTEND MANDATORY PROGRAM MEETINGS
• Your ISA will inform you of dates and times
• Contact departments for course approval as needed
• Visa applications in some cases require extended time for processing; follow guidelines provided by your ISA.
• Students confirm program participation and agree to Boston College study abroad terms.
• Students are registered to study abroad