Study Abroad Fair
See the world at your doorstep at BC's Study Abroad Fair!
Explore your many options for study abroad and learn how to turn your international dreams into a reality.
Wednesday, September 17th
6:00PM - 8:00PM
The OIP online appointment system is now open! Take the first step toward studying abroad by making an appointment with an Advising Assistant.
Required Advising Assistant appointments will start on Thursday, September 18th.
Recommended region-specific advising will start on Wednesday, October 1st.
Juniors interested in studying abroad this spring 2015 semester should contact the appropriate region-specific advisor directly to make an appointment.
Kaleidoscope is now calling for submissions for its Fall 2014 issue!
International Politics. History.
Do you have an article of any of these topics? How about pictures of places you’ve visited abroad? Would you like to publish an essay you wrote for class? Now is the perfect time to have your international research, photos, cultural experiences, political science, and history papers published in Kaleidoscope, the Boston College International Relations and Global Studies Journal. Submission deadline is September 24th!
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
For more information about Kaleidoscope, including our past issues, check out our website and Facebook page. Guidelines for submissions can be found on the website. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Athlete Megan Cooley CSOM'16 reflects on her experience studying in Kuwait on the BC summer program "Politics and Oil in the Gulf" with Prof. Kathleen Bailey.
- Jessica Franco, A&S ’15, wins the 22nd Annual Archbishop Oscar A. Romero Scholarship Award. Click here for the full story!
- Boston College Junior, Charlie Spencer-Davis, trains to run in the Paris Marathon. Click here to read his Q&A on Facebook!
- King's announces Fall 2013 Study Abroad Excellence Awards Winners: Boston College Student Feichi Sun
- Students Share Moment With Pope: College of Arts and Sciences juniors Katie Rich and Ethan Mack, philosophy majors studying in Rome, shared a moment--and swapped zucchettos--with Pope Francis. Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, WBZ-TV Ch. 4, AP
- OIP in College Magazine: My Epic Quest For the Perfect Abroad Profile Picture
- OIP in the New York Times: Are students who go far away more likely to study abroad?
- OIP Outpost Retreat in Boston Magazine: A bit of here over there
- Re-entry event's article featured on The Boston College Chronicle
- Internship Opportunities Abroad: Interested in interning abroad? BC offers internship opportunities in three of Europe's top destinations: Dublin, Paris and Madrid.
- 3 Boston College Students were selected to receive a prestigious International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) scholarship from the Australian government. The goal of the program is to increase cooperation between Australian universities and higher education institutions abroad. Awards are made to exchange students on the basis of a competitive ranking system. The BC recipients this year are Dana Egan (LSOE) who is studying at The University of Western Australia; Alexandra Dadrat (A&S) and Christina Murray (CSOM) who are both at Monash University in Melbourne.
- Five Boston College students awarded Gilman Scholarships to study abroad this semester are featured on BC Info.
- Introducing the OIP Virtual Advisor: we are now able to assist students
with quick questions online during business hours. Look for the green "Chat with me" button. You will be connected to an OIP representative via live Skype chat session.
- Prospective and returning students: get involved in the Conversation Partner Program.