Register student i>clickers
In order for i>clicker to match responses with student names, clickers need to be registered and synchronized. Here is the process:
- Students need to use their clickers at least once in class, so the instructor’s software folder has a record of them.
- Students need to register their clickers. The process for registration can happen one of three ways, and instructions for all of them are available on the How to register your i>clicker page:
- Canvas integration: Require your students to register their clickers through Canvas if you plan to import i>clicker scores into the Canvas grade book. The roster must also be downloaded from Canvas.
- BC Agora Portal integration: Require your students to register their clickers through the Agora portal if you do not plan to import scores into the Canvas grade book. The roster must also be downloaded from the Agora portal.
- Roll Call Registration: Instructors with classes of less than fifty students can have them register clickers in class The roster must also be downloaded from the Agora portal.
- The registrations and records of in-class use must be synchronized so they match.
- The registrations and records of in class use must be synchronized so they match. Canvas integration accomplishes this synchronization as it is importing the roster. The portal roster needs to be synchronized as a separate but brief step, following the same path:
1. Open your i>grader application.
2. Select your course and click "Choose".
If the Session Summary Instructions box appears, click "Close".
3. Click "Sync", this will bring up the i>clicker integrate box.
After a brief process, a message will appear indicating how many records were updated. Student names will now appear in black, indicating the process is complete. Close the box to view i>grader as it appears updated.