Import Your Class Roster
If you want have a record of how your students responded to i>clicker questions, you’ll need to import your class roster either from Canvas or the BC Portal. If you are planning to import your grades into the Canvas Gradebook, then download your roster from Canvas, otherwise, download your roster from the BC Portal.
DOWNLOADING YOUR ROSTER FROM THE AGORA PORTAL
- Login to http://portal.bc.edu and open the My Services tab.
- Select Manage your Courses.
- From the list of courses which appears, click the iGrader button to select the one for which you need the roster.
A ".txt" file with the number of your course will be sent to your BC email account.
Move this file to the i>clicker software folder, in Classes > Name of Class, and change the name to roster.txt. You will then be ready to move forward with registration.
DOWNLOADING YOUR COURSE ROSTER FROM CANVAS
This process assumes that your i>clicker account has been previously linked with your Canvas course by an IDeS staff member.
1. To begin, open your i>grader application.
2. Select your course and click "Choose".
If the Session Summary Instructions box appears, click "Close"
3. Click "Sync", this will bring up the i>clicker integrate box.
Your login credentials should already be filled in. Click "Log In".
4. Select the course with the roster you want to import, and click "Import Roster".
5. If this is not the first time you are syncing your roster, then i>grader will ask if you want to overwrite the current roster. Click "Yes".
This will not overwrite any existing scores.
Once the process is complete, select "Restart i>grader" now. i>grader will open with the list of students visible on the left. Students whose names appear in black have already registered their clickers; students whose names appear in black have not. After students register their clickers (see the following step), return to i>grader and click Sync again to complete the process.