Blackboard Vista: Faculty FAQs
How can I enable self-quiz to permit students to see immediate feedback on their chosen answer?
This functionality does not work properly on quizzes migrated from CE. The way to correct it is to use the questions as stored in the Question Database to create a new quiz with the immediate feedback option.
How do I avoid having to turn off the pop-up blocker each time I download an attachment?
You will need to set cms.bc.edu as a trusted site in your Internet browser.
To turn off the pop-up blocker in Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on the “Tools” menu, and then on “Options.”
- Select the “Content” tab, and then click on “Exceptions,” next to “Block pop-up windows.”
- In the field labeled “Address of web site:” type cms.bc.edu.
- Click “Close.”
To turn off the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the “Tools” menu, and then on “Internet Options.”
- Select the “Privacy” tab, and then click on “Settings” under “Pop-up Blocker.”
- In the field labeled “Address of Web site to allow:” type cms.bc.edu.
- Click “Close.”
- To turn off the pop-up blocker in Safari, click on the “Safari” menu and deselect “Block Pop-Up Windows.”
How do I prevent security warning messages from popping up in Vista?
Q. Every time I log into Vista, I get two identical pop-up windows "Warning - Security. The application's digital signature has been verified. Do you want to run the application?" My choices are then "Run" or "Cancel." Which one do I choose? How do I change it so that I no longer have to see these warning messages?
A. You will need to set cms.bc.edu as a trusted site in your Internet browser. To do so, follow this path: Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted Sites, and paste in the URL.
I can’t download documents from Blackboard Vista. How do I resolve this?
If you are using Internet Explorer, the download may be blocked as a security measure.
When I try to upload a document, I am not seeing the “My Computer” icon in the Content Browser. How do I fix this?
How do I print a Word document in Vista?
Open the file and place your arrow on the tool bar. Right click over this area and choose Standard. This menu item will display the printer icon. Use this icon to print the document. Alternately, you can download the document and then print as you ordinarily would.
How do I provide written feedback on group assignments?
Currently, there is no way to do this for the entire group. The feedback must be provided to each individual student.
How do I upload more than one document at one time?
You can upload as many as 10 files at one time. If you are using the “Add File” tool from the build tab, you can select up to 10 files from your computer by holding down the Control key on your keyboard to select the files.
You can also upload a zipped folder to the File Manager, and then unzip the folder to reveal all of the documents. To do this, go into the File Manager, located in the Build Tab, under Instructor Tools. Click on “Get Files,” and then look for the zipped folder on your computer. Click “OK” to upload the folder to your File Manager. Once the folder has appeared in the File Manager, select the folder by clicking the check box to the left of the folder name. Then, click on the “Unzip” button that is in the gray bar at the bottom.
Downloading Assignment Files Using BB Vista
To download single or multiple files from the BB Vista Assignment Dropbox, do the following:
- Go to the Teach Tab and select Assignment Dropbox on the left-hand side.
- Choose the desired tab (Submitted, Graded, etc
- Choose the files you want to download (you can quickly select all by clicking on the small box on the top left above the file names next to ‘Title.’)
- Click on Create Printable View.
- Now choose Save to File. The files will be saved to Vista's Content Manager.
- Click on My Blackboard near the top right corner of the window.
- Click on Content Manager tab.
- Find the file you just saved. The filename will be long and end in “.zip”
- Click the pull-down menu icon that appears following the filename and choose Download.
- Unzip the file (some browsers will do this automatically).
- All of your files will be listed in the download location now. Unless you have configured your browser to put them elsewhere, they should be in a file called “Downloads” in “My Documents” or your home directory. You can open the files from within the downloads folder and save them elsewhere if you want to.
- Click on the My Blackboard tab to return to your normal view.
If there is course material on Vista that my students are not ready to view, is there a way that I can hide it?
Yes, you can hide whole tools or individual files. Let's say that you have two Learning Modules. The first one is ready for student use, while the second one is not.
You can also manually hide items using the action link menus (the little arrow drop-down menus that appear to the right of the file or tool name). If there is a file you want to hide, click on the action link menu, and then on “Hide Item.” This will hide the item until you are ready to make it visible. The hidden item should appear grayed-out, and “(Hidden)” will appear in the name. To show the item, click on the action link menu, and then on “Show Item,” and it will reappear. You can confirm that an item is hidden or visible by going into the Student View tab to double-check.
Is there a student presentations module in Vista? I need to control access to certain files that are shared among many students.
The best way to accomplish this is to create Groups. The groups can then be given assignments and discussion topics where the work is published to the members in each particular group.
In the discussion forum, when I have read all of the messages, there is still a green icon indicating that I have unread messages. What is happening?
This is a known bug with Blackboard Vista. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next version of Blackboard Vista.
How can I give a TA or guest access to my Blackboard Vista site?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your TA or guest, and your course/section number. We will be happy to give them access to your site.
Sometimes I get a message that says, “Error: Session Already Running. You cannot use this method to open a new browser window while logged into the Learning System.” Why does this happen?
Blackboard Vista will only let you have one open browser window/tab at one time. If you get this message, check that you only have one window or tab running Blackboard Vista open. Then type cms.bc.edu in the address bar, and you will be able to return to Blackboard Vista.
How do I print out the results of a survey?
- In the Teach tab, go to the Assessment Manager (on the left side).
- Find the survey name you want to print the results for, and click on the Action Link menu to the right of the survey name.
- From the Action Link Menu, click on "View Reports."
- Choose "Overall Statistics," and then click on "Run Report."
- Along the top you should see a button that says "Printable Statistics View."
- Then click on "Print' in the upper left corner.
Sometimes in the grade book, I see a ^ symbol next to the grade. What does this mean?
The ^ symbol simply means that the grade has been changed. If the grade was assigned through a tool, such as the assignment tool or assessment tool, the ^ symbol represents a change from the original grade. If the grade was originally assigned in the grade book directly, it could also mean a change from no grade.
How long will I have access to my Blackboard Vista sites?
Faculty have access to their Blackboard Vista sites for six semesters (2 academic years). Students have access to Blackboard Vista sites for three semesters (1 academic year).