The Irish Studies Program at Boston College offers courses in history, language, sociology and the arts. Co-directors Robert Savage and Marjorie Howes worked with other instructors to develop a repository where common resources for teaching can be stored, browsed and searched in ways that promote the interdisciplinary vision of the program. Featured content will include images and rare texts drawn from faculty members' collections and the BC Libraries, as well as resources gathered for exhibits and other special events.
This repository was developed by Instructional Design and eTeaching Services staff, using the open-source content management system Drupal and applying custom graphics, including images of the stained glass in the Irish Windows Room in the Bapst Library. Program assistants were instrumental in adding and organizing content to develop the site. Because much of the material is under copyright, access is limited to instructors in the program.
Irish Studies Co-Directors
- Robert Savage Dept. of History (A&S)
- Marjorie Howes Dept. of HIstory (A&S)
Content development assistance
- Morgan Lake Adams GSAS '13
- Ian Delahanty GSAS '13
Web and database development
- Jamie Walker Instructional Web Developer IDeS
- David Alkire Graduate Web Developer IDeS
- Bill Porter Instructional Web Producer IDeS
- Sarah Castricum Instructional Designer IDeS