Installing the Citrix Receiver (Windows)
the bc application server
Using the BC Application Server requires installing the Citrix Receiver (recommended) or the Citrix Client. If you have been using the Application Server using the Citrix Client, you can continue to do so. If you are a new user, follow the below instructions to install the Reciever on your Windows device.
The Citrix Receiver must be installed on each computer you will use to access the Application Server.
- Go to www.citrix.com/receiver .
- Click Download Now. A separate tab will open.
- Click Dowload Reciever for Windows.
- Click the license agreement checkbox, then click Continue.
- A file called CitrixReceiverWeb.exe will download to your computer.
- After the file dowloads, open it (if you don't see it immediately, it will be in your Downloads folder on your computer).
- The Citrix Receiver Installer opens. Click Install (see below) to install the Receiver (this may take a few minutes).
- Click the Start button on your computer, and open the Citrix Reciever (see below).
Note: Occassionally, the Citrix Receiver will not immediately display. If this happens, simply reboot your computer and it will be available when you log in again.
- The Citrix Receiver login window displays. Enter your BC credentials, using the Domain\User format bc\yourusername (see example below).
- Click Log On.
Note: If you receive the "Enter your work email or server address" message shown below, simply enter https://apps.bc.edu and click Next.
- Click Add Apps to select the applications you want to use. You will only have to do this one time for each application you use.
- A list of application categories displays. If you know the category of the app you want to use, select it. Otherwise, select All Applications.
- Choose the application you want to add (Mathematica 8 in the example below).
- The application(s) you selected display in the Citrix Receiver window (see below). Simply double-click the application to open and start using it.