Working with Apps Storage
the bc application server
AppsStorage is a secure drive dedicated to supporting the BC Application Server. Once you access Appsstorage.bc.edu, you will have access to any files you have saved there.
- When working within an any of the applications on the BC Application Server, your files will be saved to AppsStorage.bc.edu by default.
- When you are logged into the BC Application Server, the L: drive appears as if it is a local drive.
- You may access the drive to open files or save files from within any of the applications (PC access show in Figure 1, Mac access shown in Figure 1a).
- You have the ability to access files stored on your local computer. However, to make sure you’re getting the best performance results, using Appsstorage is stronly recommended.
To Access Appsstorage.bc.edu, from:
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click the Start button (figure 2)
- In the Search field type: \\appsstorage.bc.edu\YourUserName
- Click the magnifying glass to start the search. A new Windows Explorer window will open and allow you to work with your files
- Click Start > Run and type: \\appsstorage.bc.edu\YourUserName
- Click OK. A new Windows Explorer window will open and allow you to work with your files.
If your Windows computer is not a member of the BC Domain, you will be prompted to authenticate.
In the username field, enter: bc\YourUserName
In the password field enter your regular BC password
You may also map the drive, so that it always displays under (My) Computer.
- From the Mac Finder, click: Go and select: To Server
- In the window that opens (figure 3), enter: smb://appsstorage.bc.edu/YourUserName
- Click the "+" sign to add the server path to your Favorite Server list.