File Storage Quota on the BC Application Server
the bc application server
Faculty, graduate students, and staff can save up to 10 GB of data on AppsStorage, and undergrad students can save up to 1 GB.
If your quota is close to being reached, you will receive an email notifying you, and should delete some files or save them on your computer.
Viewing Your AppsStorage Information
If you think you may be nearing your quota, you can view how much space you have used and have remaining before creating new files. Follow these steps.
- Map a drive on your local computer to appsstorage.bc.edu.
- After mapping the drive, it will display on your computer just as any other drive does.
- PC users: Click Start, then Computer. Right-click the your mapped AppsStorage drive, then choose Properties to view the used and free space in the drive.
- Mac users: In Finder, right-click the mapped AppsStorage drive, then choose Get Info to view the used and free space in the drive.
View AppsStorage Information from within an Application
You can also view your available and used AppsStorage space if you are logged in to the Application Server and using an application.
- When saving or opening a file, your AppsStorage drive will display on the left (see Figure 1).
- Right-click the drive, then choose Properties to view the used and free space in the drive.