Changing Your Password, PIN, and Challenge Questions
On this page:
- Change your Password
- I forgot my Password. What do I do?
- Change your PIN
- Set your Challenge Questions
Note: For more information about your password, PIN and username, please consult BC Username, password, and PIN: Your security Credentials
Through Agora Portal, you have the option to change your password and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to one of your choosing.
To Change your password, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to Agora Portal with your current username and password.
- After successfully signing into Agora Portal, select the My Services tab (see Figure 1).
- Click on the Change Password link under Account and Personal Info.
- In the Change Password window, do the following (see Figure 2):
- In the Old Password box, enter your current password.
- In the New Password box, enter a new password that follows the credentials listed at the bottom of the window.
- In the New Password again box, retype your new password.
- Click Change Password.
- You will receive confirmation that your password has been changed.
Note: Do not leave your password written on a piece of paper or share it with anyone else. Your password and other security credentials are confidential and should be protected.
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) provides access to the voicemail system and U-Dial for student course registration. Change your PIN to one of your choosing by completing the following steps:
- Click on the My Services tab (see Figure 3).
- Click on the Change PIN link under Account and Personal Info.
- In the Change Pin window, do the following (see Figure 4):
- In the New Pin Box, enter a new pin number that follows the credentials listed at the bottom of the window.
- In the New Pin Again box, retype your new pin number.
- In the Current Password box, type your Agora Portal password.
- Click Continue.
- You will receive notification that your PIN has been changed. Remember, your PIN is confidential. Do not leave it written on a piece of paper or share it with anyone else.
Challenge Questions are used to verify your identity in the event you forget you password or PIN. You are required to set answerers to three challenge questions, such as your favorite color or your favorite food. Your answers will allow BC Information Technology Services staff to confirm your identity and reset your PIN or password.
To set your Challenge Questions, complete the following steps:
- Click on the My Services Tab (see Figure 5).
- Click on the Change Challenge Questions link.
- Prior to viewing or changing your Challenge Questions, you must enter your password in the text box labeled password and click on the Enter Q&A button (see Figure 6).
- Select the questions you want to answer from the pull-down menus labeled Question 1 and Question 2 and type a question of your choosing in the text box labeled Question 3 (see Figure 7).
- Type your answers in the text boxes labeled Answer 1, Answer 2, and Answer3.
- Click on the Submit Q&A button.
Exit Agora portal
If you are ready to quit Agora Portal, you must click on the logout link in the upper right hand corner of the Agora Portal page.