Changing Your Password, PIN, and Challenge Questions
On this page:
- Change your BC Password
- I forgot my BC Password. What do I do?
- Change your PIN
- Set your Challenge Questions
NOTE: Student Gmail requires using your Password2, which is different from your BC password!
- Be on campus. Not on campus?
- Sign in to Agora Portal with your current username and password.
- After successfully signing into Agora Portal, select the My Services tab (see Figure 1).
- Click on the Change BC Password link under Account and Personal Info.
- In the Change Password window, do the following (see Figure 2):
- In the Old Password box, enter your current password.
- In the New Password box, enter a new password that follows the credentials listed at the bottom of the window.
- In the New Password again box, retype your new password.
- Click Change Password.
- You will receive confirmation email that your password has been changed.
- If your old BC Password is saved on any mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets, update these devices with your new BC Password.
Note: Do not leave your password written on a piece of paper or share it with anyone else. Your password and other security credentials are confidential and should be protected.
Not on campus? If you need to change your password while off-campus follow these steps to ensure a smooth password change:
Windows Computers On the BC Domain
Most faculty and staff with BC-owned Windows computers are on the BC Domain.
- Use your current password to log onto your computer.
- Connect to BC VPN.
- Log into Agora Portal and follow the steps to change your BC Password (Begin at Step 2).
- Lock your computer (Ctrl+Alt+Del>Lock). DO NOT REBOOT.
- Unlock your computer using your new BC Password.
- Wait 5 minutes, then reboot your computer, and log in using your new BC Password.
Log into Agora Portal and follow the steps to change your BC Password (Begin at Step 2).
This will NOT change how you log onto your computer.
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) provides access to the voicemail system and U-Dial for student course registration. Change your PIN to one of your choosing by completing the following steps:
- Click on the My Services tab (see Figure 3).
- Click on the Change PIN link under Account and Personal Info.
- In the Change Pin window, do the following (see Figure 4):
- In the New Pin Box, enter a new pin number that follows the credentials listed at the bottom of the window.
- In the New Pin Again box, retype your new pin number.
- In the Current Password box, type your Agora Portal password.
- Click Continue.
- You will receive a notification that your PIN has been changed. Remember, your PIN is confidential. Do not leave it written on a piece of paper or share it with anyone else.
Challenge Questions are used to verify your identity in the event you forget you password or PIN. You are required to set answers to three challenge questions, such as your favorite color or your favorite food. Your answers will allow BC Information Technology Services staff to confirm your identity and reset your PIN or password.
To set your Challenge Questions, complete the following steps:
- Click on the My Services Tab (see Figure 5).
- Click on the Change Challenge Questions link.
- Prior to viewing or changing your Challenge Questions, you must enter your password in the text box labeled password and click on the Enter Q&A button (see Figure 6).
- Select the questions you want to answer from the pull-down menus labeled Question 1 and Question 2 and type a question of your choosing in the text box labeled Question 3 (see Figure 7).
- Type your answers in the text boxes.
- Click on the Submit Q&A button