Troubleshooting your Wired Network Connection
If you cannot log in to the BC network, check the following:
1. Are you using an Ethernet cable?
- A telephone cable will not work. Most laptops will come with a black phone cable for a modem. Do not use it - it will not work for connecting to the BC network.
2. Is your computer connected properly to the network jack?
To make sure your computer is physically connected properly, follow the instructions for:
3. Did you configure and enable the wired network connection?
To configure and enable the wired network connection, follow the instructions for:
4. Did you activate your computer on the BC network?
To activate your computer on the BC network, follow the instructions for:
5. Did you restart your computer after activating?
- After activating, your computer cannot access the Internet until after you restart your computer.
6. Still not working? Try using another network jack in the room.
- If you can connect to the BC network using another network jack, then your network jack is probably not working properly. Call (617)-552-HELP (4357) to report a "dead network jack."