Connecting to the Internet @ BC
Mac and Windows
You must activate your computer or device on the BC network to access the Internet. The BC wireless network is available in residence halls, campus buildings, and outdoor areas.
- Faculty, Staff & Students: You will need your BC username and password. If you don’t know your username, contact Student Services at (617) 552-3300. If you don’t know your password, you can reset it through Agora Portal at portal.bc.edu.
- Visitors: All visitor access ends at 6 a.m. daily. To regain access to the Internet, each day you must repeat the activation process by repeating Steps 1-4 below.
- If you plan on using both the wireless and wired connection, you will need to complete the steps below twice — once for the wireless connection and once for the wired connection.
To connect your computer, mobile device, tablet, or game console to the Internet at BC:
- Connect to the "BostonCollege" wireless network.
WARNING: "BostonCollege" and "bcsecure" are the only official BC wireless networks. Do NOT connect to any other wireless network listed!
- Go to: http://activate.bc.edu
Having trouble activating your smartphone, tablet, or gaming console?
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer or device for activation to take effect. There may be a short delay after you activate before you can access the web.
- IMPORTANT: Faculty, staff & students, after you activate on the open "BostonCollege" wireless network, please switch to the secure network "bcsecure" to protect your data. For instructions, visit: www.bc.edu/secure
Please call the Technology Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357).