Alternate Method of Creating a Web Folder
To create a web folder for your MyFiles@bc space using Windows, complete these two parts:
Before you create a web folder, you need to initialize your MyFiles@bc space. Initializing your space is simple, you just need to go to www.bc.edu/myfiles and sign in to MyFiles@bc using your BC username and password. Once you have done this once, your MyFiles@bc space is initialized.
To create a web folder to your MyFiles@bc space with Windows XP Professional:
- On your desktop, right-click the My Computer icon. Select Map Network Drive from the list. The Map Network Drive window opens (see Figure 1).
- Click the Sign up for online storage or connect to a network server link (see Figure 1) to start the Add Network Place Wizard.
- Click Next.
You are prompted: "Where do you want to create this Network Place?"
- Select Choose Another Network Location and click Next.
- In the Internet or network address box, enter the following location (remember to enter an "s" after http and replace "username" with your BC username) (see Figure 2): https://wfs.bc.edu/username
- Click Next.
- When prompted for a User name and Password, enter your BC username and password, and then click OK (see Figure 3).
- Enter a name for your MyFiles@bc web folder, and then click Next.
For example (see Figure 4): MyFiles at BC
- On the last wizard page, click Finish.
A log in prompt appears for you to log in to MyFiles@bc (see Figure 5).
- Enter your BC username and password, then click OK.
A shortcut to your MyFiles@bc Web folder now appears in My Network Places (see Figure 6). You can now drag and drop files into this folder the same way as you do on your hard drive or department server.
Hint: To create a shortcut on your desktop to your MyFiles folder, right-click on your MyFiles folder, point to Send To, then click Desktop (create shortcut).