Connect to MyFiles@bc using an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
In addition to working with files through a web browser, you can also connect to your MyFiles@bc space using your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to work with your iWork apps. This allows you to easily work with files on the MyFiles@bc server with your device.
If you connect to your MyFiles@bc space with your mobile device, you can:
- Save files, open files, and delete files to and from your MyFiles@bc space through your iWorks applications, such as Keynote, Pages, and Numbers, just as you would do with files or folders on your computer - instead you are saving to your MyFiles@bc space.
Note: You cannot set up sharing of files or folders through the web folder. If you want to share files or folders, learn how to use the web application to set up sharing.
Connecting to your MyFiles@bc space
- Copying files to your MyFiles@bc space may take much longer than you would expect, especially when you access MyFiles@bc for the first time.
- You cannot connect to your MyFiles@bc space using an iPhone 3 or iPod touch (2nd generation) or earlier.
- For security reasons, we do not recommend connecting to your MyFiles@bc space if you are on a shared or public device.
- For security and privacy reasons, we do not recommend DropBox (or any other non-BC cloud service) for use on Apple phones or tablets, especially not for sharing confidential data.
To connect to your MyFiles@bc space using your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, follow these instructions from Apple using this server address (replacing "username" with your BC username): https://wfs.bc.edu/username
Note: Third party applications for your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, such as OverTheAir, allow browsing of your MyFiles@bc space just as you would browser the file structure on your computer and allow you to open a wider variety of file types.