Upload Files Using a Web Browswer
On this page, learn how to upload (save) files to your MyFiles@bc account using a Web browser with these methods:
Basic Upload Method
To upload files:
- Using your BC username and password, log in to your MyFiles@bc account at: www.bc.edu/myfiles
- Locate the folder where you want to upload files. Learn about navigating folders.
- On the toolbar, click the Upload icon to open the Upload File page (see Figure 1).
- For each additional file you want to upload, click Add File (see Figure 2).
- Click Browse to locate the file on your computer that you want to upload to this folder (see Figure 3). Repeat this step for each file you want to upload.
Mac OS X Users: You must save your files with an application extension (examples below):
Application File Extension MS Word .doc MS Excel .xls MS PowerPoint .ppt Graphic files .gif or .jpg Adobe PDF (portable document files) Web Pages .html
- If the file already exists and you want to overwrite the file, select Overwrite file if it already exists (see Figure 4).
NOTE: If versioning is turned on, the older versions are still available on the versioning page, regardless of whether you check this option or not. Learn more about versioning.
- After you select the file(s) on your computer to upload, click Start Upload to upload your file(s) (see Figure 5).
NOTE: In order to use the advanced upload feature you must update your Java. Learn how to update your Java for MyFiles.
- If your Upload screen is in Basic Upload mode, click the Advanced Upload link, which will change your Upload screen display to the following (see Figure 6).
- In a separate window open the file folder that contains the file(s) you want to upload to MyFiles@bc. Have this window displayed over your browser (see Figure 7). Note: Screen may look different depending on your version of Windows.
- Click the file(s) you want to upload (to select more than one file, hold Ctrl while clicking the file names), while holding down the left mouse button drag the file name to the MyFiles upload area.
- The files you selected will appear in the upload screen. Click Start Upload (see Figure 8).