On this page:
- While you are signed in to MyFiles@bc, find the file you want to download. Learn about navigating folders.
- Windows: Double click on the filename you want to download. A file download window will open. Choose "Save" then select the location you want to save the file to. Macintosh: Press Control-click on the filename and click Save Link Target As or Download Link to Disk.
Note: To immediately open the file on your computer, click on the filename. Then, to save the file, from the File menu, click Save As.
- Make sure to put the file where you can find it on your computer.
- Click Setup (see Figure 1).
- Do the following, (see Figure 2):
- In the left navigation, select Toolbar Buttons
- Check Download as Zip
- Click Apply
- The "Download as Zip" shortcut will now be added to your toolbar.
Note: You may want to zip larger files such as video (.mpg), picture (.jpg), or large graphic (.tiff), as well as folders before downloading.
Option 1 - Shortcut
To download as a Zip file or folder:
- Check the box next to the file or folder you want to download, then click Download as Zip (see Figure 3).
- Follow the window prompts in selecting whether to Open the folder or Save the folder.
Option 2 - Right-Click
To download as Zip file or folder:
- Right-click the file or folder you want to download.
- Select Download as Zip (see Figure 4).
- Follow the window prompts in selecting whether to Open the file or folder or Save the file or folder.