iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad: ActiveSync Feature Limitations
faculty and staff on exchange only
iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad use built-in ActiveSync to sync email, calendar, and contact data via direct push with Microsoft Exchange. Although Apple has implemented a number of Exchange functions on the iPhone Operating System (iOS), it has not included all of the features found in Outlook or on Windows Mobile devices. The following is a list of some of the known limitations of iPhone ActiveSync.
- Cannot set out-of-office auto-replies. Use OWA to set up out-of-office auto-replies.
- Meeting attendee status is not available.
- When responding to meeting invites, there is no option to edit response or not send a response. Note: You can add comments when replying to meeting requests.
- Cannot reply or reply-all to meeting invites.
- Cannot "snooze" meeting alerts.