Apple TV & Chromecast
Please be advised that not all services associated with Apple TVs or Chromecast work on the BC campus. Apple TVs & Chromecast were designed to work in home network environments, and therefore do not fully function on a campus network environment.
Apple TVs & Chromecast are designed for, and work well in, simple home networks. They do not work across IP address subnets. On the BC network, devices are likely in different subnets and will not be able to communicate. Many universities are experiencing the same issue with Apple TV & Chromecast.
Apple TV Services That Work On Campus
Note: Activation Required.
- Watching previews of movies from iTunes
- Renting a movie from Apple
- Purchasing a movie from Apple
- Services like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, NBA, NHL and MLB
Apple TV Services That Will Not Work On Campus
- Any AirPlay functions such as:
- Screen mirroring from an iPad, iPhone or Mac computer
- Streaming content from an iPad, iPhone or Mac computer
- Playing stored contact from an iTunes account on a Mac or PC computer
Other Devices Affected
- iTunes Library Sharing
- Apple Wireless Printers