Training and Workshops on Technology
Departments that provide training and workshops on technology at Boston College are:
- ITS Training & Communications conducts classes for faculty and staff on Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and BC systems (MyFiles@bc, etc.). Program offerings change monthly during the academic year and are posted on the Training website. Faculty and staff are also emailed the monthly calendar of offerings.
- ITS Research Services offers scheduled workshops and customized tutorials on a variety of research computing topics. Learn more about Research Services offerings.
- Instructional Design and eTeaching Services offers scheduled and customized workshops on a variety of instructional technology topics.
- The Employee Development Office, a unit in the Department of Human Resources, offers work-related programs and workshops to BC employees.
- MTS Classroom Services will train faculty and teaching assistants how to use the equipment in the classroom in which they teach. Call to schedule an appointment: 617-552-4219.
- Microsoft e-Learning is a web-based, self-paced learning environment that offers a wide range of online courses that cover Microsoft's Windows operating systems and Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).