Computing Support While You are Abroad
While you are abroad you can get help from Boston College by:
- Visiting BC's Technology Help pages at www.bc.edu/help.
- Contacting the BC Help Center for software and other technology help questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-HELP (4357).
To learn about Apple's support and get a list of contact numbers and websites by country, read the AppleCare Service and Support Guide (PDF).
You will need to update your address information with Dell by transferring ownership to your address abroad on Dell's website. Once you transfer ownership, you will be able to have your computer repaired at any computer repair store in that country for free as long as your computer is still under warranty. When you return to the United States, remember to transfer ownership back to your home address.
To get a local technical support number for the country in which you are studying:
- Go to www.dell.com.
- From the drop-down menu near the bottom of the page, select the country.
- Click the Support link.
- Find the Contact Us link.
If the country is not listed, you can always contact the US technical support number at 800-822-8965.
Other helpful Dell links to view prior to going abroad include:
- Dell's Technical Support Site
- Dell's Technical Support for Notebooks out of the United States
- Dell International Support Programs
- What components are needed to use your Dell internationally?
While you are abroad, you can get help from HP by visiting HP's support pages, where you can also find the US support call center number and receive technical phone support or use the online support options (24x7 real-time chat or email).