What You Need to Do on Your Mac Computer
when you leave boston college
After graduating, you should complete the following steps:
- Step 1: If you acquired them from Boston College, transfer ownership of your Microsoft Office and Windows operating system
- Step 2: If you acquired it from Boston College, uninstall Sophos anti-virus software from your computer
- Step 3: Purchase anti-virus protection
Step 1: If you acquired them from Boston College, transfer ownership of your Microsoft Office and Windows operating system
Upon graduation, Microsoft and Boston College transfer ownership of your Microsoft Office Suite (Mac and Windows versions) and Windows (8, 7, Vista, or XP) operating system to you. Please print this page and keep it in your records as proof of ownership: Student License Confirmation (BC sign-in required)
Step 2: If you acquired it from Boston College, uninstall Sophos anti-virus software from your computer
If you downloaded Sophos anti-virus software from Boston College, it was installed under student licensing agreements, administered by the University. Since you are no longer a student, you should now remove this software from your computer in accordance with the respective manufacturer’s terms and conditions.
To remove Sophos anti-virus software versions 4.9-9:
- Login to your computer as an Administrator.
- Download the Sophos removal software zip file to your desktop.
- Click the SophosRemovalTool.pkg.zip to unzip it.
- Click the SophosRemovalTool.pkg to run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install and run this software, which removes Sophos anti-virus software versions 4.9-9.
- Restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, drag the SophosRemovalTool.pkg.zip and SophosRemovalTool.pkg to your Trash.
Note: By "installing" this removal software, you are uninstalling Sophos anti-virus software versions 4.9-9 from your computer.
Your computer should not be left unprotected from viruses for any length of time. Be sure to get your own anti-virus software and install it as soon as you have removed BC's Sophos anti-virus software. Sophos offers a free download of Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition.