Connected Backup Service (formerly Iron Mountain)
ITS offers a remote, automated backup of faculty and staff computers using a product called Connected Backup by Autonomy (formerly owned by Iron Mountain). Users of the service are offered automated backup of their computer and have the ability to recover files from any location using a web browser.
NOTE: If your department would like an ITS representative to come by to speak about Connected Backup and demonstrate its use, please contact the Help Center at (617) 552-HELP (4357).
2014 Update: If you use this service at BC, Connected Backup software will be updated to version 126.96.36.199 on your computer during the Spring Semester 2014. The new version is compatible with Mac OS X Mavericks (v10.9) and Windows 8.1.
- Get started with Connected Backup: Windows | Mac
- After registering and installing Connected Backup: Windows Quickstart Guide (PDF) | Mac Quickstart Guide (PDF)
- Standard Account Registration: Windows | Mac
- Multimedia Account Registration: Windows | Mac
- What's the difference between a standard and multi-media account?
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Technical FAQ - This page is intended for technology support staff (TCs, etc) and other computer savvy members of the community.
Retrieve files and manage your account
- Account Management page: Windows and Mac