Welcome to BC Google Apps
All BC student email is now on BC Gmail. What does this mean?
- As of June 9, all email sent to student @bc.edu email address would be accessible only through BC Gmail (g.bc.edu). Any messages sent to students since then (and going forward) are only available on BC Gmail.
- All webmail messages were migrated to BC Gmail accounts.
- Students must set up and use a Password2 to access BC Gmail.
- Settings on mobile devices need to be reset. Instructions are available here.
- By default, your "Send As" email address is your BC firstname.lastname@example.org.You can change that to a firstname.lastname format.
- Already have a non-BC Google account? Learn about multiple sign-in.
- BC Google Apps FAQ page.
Click the following links to learn more about these specific aspects of getting started with your BC Google account.
Go to g.bc.edu to access Boston College's login page for Google Apps.
Log in using your BC username (do NOT use email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and enter your Password2. Existing emails from your BC Webmail will be transferred over to your BC Google account when your account is migrated to Gmail.
Note: If you are logging in through gmail.com, log in using your email@example.com and your Password2.
If you already have a Gmail account, you can link it to your BC Google account or forward it.
Google allows to move seamlessly between your personal Gmail account and your BC account:
- Linking Easy email management for your BC Google (@bc.edu) and personal Google (@gmail.com) accounts.
- Forwarding Did you forward your old BC WebMail? We don’t think you’ll want to forward your BC Google anywhere else – 30GB of storage anyone? – but if you do, Google has easy instructions.
If you have an email application (i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail) configured on your laptop or mobile device (iPhone, etc), you will need to reconfigure it for your BC Google account.
Using your new Google Apps for Education account, you have access to Drive, Calendar, Sites, and Groups.
Learn how to use the additional features of Google Apps .
Use your Password2 to access your Gmail and other Google Apps for Education. Learn how to change your Password2. Note that it may take up to an hour before you are able to log into Google Apps with your new Password2