Searching the BC Directory
Outlook provides a standard address book, called "Contacts." The Contacts address book is recommended for all your personal entries, since it provides special options for storing and managing detailed information.
Learn how to:
- Search the BC Directory to find names and email addresses of faculty, students, and staff
- Access Outlook online help for more information
find names and email addresses of faculty, students, and staff
To search the BC directory to find names and email addresses of faculty, students, and staff:
- Configure Outlook 2007 to search the BC Directory (BC sign-in required).
- From the Tools menu, select Address Book.
The Address Book window opens.
- Do the following (see Figure 1) to find a BC person:
- In the Contacts from the drop-down list, select directory.bc.edu.
- Click the Advanced Find link.
- On the Find window, enter as much information as you need to find the BC person you are looking for, then click OK (see Figure 2):
Your search results appear in the Address Book window (see Figure 3):
- To add an entry from the search results to your Personal Address Book:
Right-click the BC person from the search results list, then click Add to Contacts (see Figure 4). On the Contact window, click Save and Close.
Outlook provides extensive online help. For additional information, in the Outlook window, from the Help menu, select Microsoft Office Outlook Help.