Searching the BC Directory
Note: When you begin addressing an email, Apple Mail looks up the name and address as you type. Entries that match what you are typing are displayed for you to choose from. Names in your Address Book are used first, followed by names from the Boston College directory, if you configure Apple Mail to search the BC Directory (BC sign-in required).
To search the BC directory to find names and email addresses of faculty, students, and staff using OS X (Jaguar v. 10.2):
- Configure Apple Mail to search the BC Directory (BC sign-in required).
- From the Window menu in Apple Mail, select Address Book.
The Address Book opens.
- Do the following (see Figure 5):
- From the Group column, select Directories.
- From the Directories column, select Boston College.
- In the Search box, enter the last name or email address of the BC person you are trying to find.
Note: You can enter only part of the name or email address, or you can type the exact text that you want to find.
Accessing Apple Mail online help for more information
Apple Mail provides extensive online help. For additional information about Apple Mail, on the Help menu, select Mail Help.