BCPost: How to Subscribe and Unsubscribe to a List
Boston College's mailing list service
How to self-subscribe to a list
- Access the list's information page.
If you know the name of the list you wish to join (subscribe to), type the following URL into your Web browser, replacing listname with the actual name of the list: https://bcpost.bc.edu/sympa/info/listname
If you do not know the name of the list, you may browse the Index of Lists. To access the Index, click on the Index of Lists link at the top of the BCPost Login page at http://listserv.bc.edu.
- To prevent spammers from finding the list's address, most list owners choose not to have their list address appear in the Index of Lists.
- Some list owners have chosen to prevent access to their list's information page, which includes the subscription request link. If so, you may see an error message when you click on the list's subscribe link in the Index of Lists.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see the List Operations menu box with a link to Subscribe. Click on the Subscribe link (see Figure 1).
- The Subscription Request page will display on the left. Enter the your email address and click Submit.
Subscription to lists at Boston College require the list owner's approval. Notification will be sent to the email address you used when you requested the subscription.