Add an Owner and/or Transfer Ownership of a List
bcpost: boston college's mailing list service
- Access http://listserv.bc.edu and log in to the BCPost mailing list service.
- Click on the Owner link for the list you want to work with.
After you log in, the Your Lists menu box located on the right side of your screen (see Figure 1), will display the list name for each of the lists that you either own or subscribe to. If you are the list owner, “(Owner)” will display after the list’s name.
- In the List Operations menu box (see Figure 2), select: Edit List Configuration.
- The Edit List Configuration menu will then expand, select: List Definition. The contents of the List Definition page will display on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Owner section. You will see your information, followed by blank fields (see Figure 3) where you can add an owner.
- To add an owner follow steps 1 and 2. To transfer ownership, follow steps 1 through 6.
- In the blank fields (see Figure 3), enter the new owner’s address in the email address field and a “friendly” name in the name field. You may transfer ownership to an interactive BC group email account (a group account that has a password).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Update List Configuration button (see Figure 4).
- You should see a confirmation notice that the list has been updated.
- Return to the owner section. Select: List Definition from the List Operations menu and scroll to the Owner section.
- Delete all information pertaining to yourself.
- Click the Update List Configuration button (see Figure 4).