Edit List Configuration
bcpost: boston college's mailing list service
- Access BCPost
- Select a list
- Access the Edit List Configuration menu
- Access http://listserv.bc.edu and log in to the BCPost mailing list service.
- Click on the Owner link for the list you want to work with.
After you log in, the Your Lists menu box located on the right side of your screen (see Figure 1), will display the list name for each of the lists that you either own or subscribe to. If you are the list owner, “(Owner)” will display after the list’s name.
- From the List Operations menu box (see Figure 2), select: Edit List Configuration.
The Edit List Configuration menu will then expand (see Figure 3).
When you make a selection from any of the Edit List Configuration sub-menus, the settings, which you may alter, display in the left panel.
- Visibility of List
BCPost provides an Index of Lists accessible from the menu bar across the top of the screen. Use this setting to make a choice as to whom can view or cannot view your list in the index. The default setting makes the list visible to subscribers. To avoid spam, we do not recommend that you make the visibility of the list, public.
Your information will display. You can add additional owners. If you want to share responsibilities. Learn how.
If your list is moderated, you can share the responsibility of moderating posts by adding additional moderators. Learn how.
This section allows you to choose settings for:
- who can send messages.
- a time frame for when digest messages will be sent out to those subscribers who have their reception mode set to: Digest. See Subscriber Options for an overview of reception mode choices.
The Privileges section will allow you to set privileges for a variety of functions, including:
- Who can view list information - Use to elect either only subscribers or anyone.
- Who can subscribe to the list - Select whether or not subscription requires owner approval.
- Who can add subscribers - Determines who can add subscribers to the list and what authentication and
notification level is desired.
- Who can unsubscribe - Determines how a subscriber may unsubscribe from the list and what level of
authentication and notification is needed.
- Who can delete subscribers - Determines the level of authentication and notification of the owner removing users from the list.