BCPost: Review bouncing email addresses
Boston College's Mailing List Service
- Access BCPost
- Select a list
- Access the Review Bouncing Addresses page
- Review bouncing email addresses
- Access http://listserv.bc.edu and log in to the BCPost mailing list service.
- Click on the Owner link for the list you want to work with.
After you log in, the Your Lists menu box located on the right side of your screen (Figure 1), will display the list name for each of the lists that you either own or subscribe to. If you are the list owner, “(Owner)” will display after the list’s name.
- From the List Operations menu box (Figure 2), select:Review Bouncing Addresses.
The Review Bouncing Addresses page displays a list of all the email addresses that are bouncing messages back to the service; the message are not being delivered.
The page gives you the opportunity to view and delete bouncing addresses and/or send out a subscription reminder message. A reminder message will update the bouncing address list and will determine if any of the addresses have subsequently stopped bouncing.
Remind All Subscribers
Selecting this link will send a reminder to all the subscribers on the list, informing them of their membership and giving them some general information about the list. It will send this out to all addresses, bouncing or otherwise. This will update the list of bouncing addresses. This is useful to make sure that you are viewing the most current list but it may be an annoyance to subscribers if used too often.
Review bouncing addresses
The list of bouncing addresses is organized into the following columns:
If your list is longer than a single page, use the controls below the table to move to other pages.
Delete boucing address
- Click into the checkbox(es) before each address(es) you wish to delete (unsubscribe) from the list.
- Click the Delete Selected Addresses button.
Notification will be sent to the user (although it may not reach the user) unless you select the "Don't send deletion message" checkbox.
Reset Errors for Selected Users
- Click into the checkbox(es) before each address(es) you wish mark as no longer bouncing.
- Click the Reset button.
The reset button will reset the bouncing flag for the user, marking them as no longer bouncing, however if the address continues to bounce it will be flagged again.