Add List Moderators
bcpost: boston college's mailing list service
If you are a list owner and you do NOT share moderation privileges you will receive notification when messages are pending. If you are a list owner and have added moderators, you will no longer receive notification unless you add yourself as a moderator.
Learn how to moderate messages.
Owners and moderators posts are not held in queue; they are distributed directly.
- Access http://listserv.bc.edu and login to the BCPost mailing list service.
- Click on the Owner link for the list you want to work with.
After you log in, the Your Lists menu box located on the right side of your screen (see Figure 1), will display the list name for each of the lists that you either own or subscribe to. If you are the list owner, “(Owner)” will display after the list’s name.
- In the List Operations menu box (see Figure 2), select: Edit List Configuration.
- The Edit List Configuration menu will then expand, select: List Definition. The contents of the List Definition page will display on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Moderator section (see Figure 3).
- In the blank fields (see Figure 3), enter the person's email address in the email address field and a “friendly” name in the name field.
- Make sure reception mode is set to mail, to insure that this person receives posts that need to be moderated.
- Click the Update List Configuration button (see Figure 3).
- You should see a confirmation notice that the list has been updated.
If you would like to add additional moderators, repeat the process.
Remember, if you are a list owner and have added moderators, you will no longer receive notification of pending messages unless you add yourself as a moderator.