Interactive Group Email Accounts in Exchange
Access your Interactive Group Email Account in Exchange using Outlook Web Access (owa.bc.edu).
On this page:
- Configuring your Group Email Account
- Auto-Reply Messages
- Forwarding to Another Email Address
- Display Name and Reply To Information
- Purge of Deleted Items Folder
- Use of BC WebMail's "Send as HTML" Feature
BC login is required for all configuration pages.
Reconfigure your group account for Exchange (only for accounts that are migrated):
ITS does not recommend that you use auto-reply messages for group email accounts. If you decide to use an auto-reply message, it will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Out-of-Office (auto-reply) messages can be set using OWA.
- To edit or create a new auto-reply, the owner of the account should contact the Help Center or Technology Consultant for assistance. Currently group account ownership information is not stored in the email settings. ITS is working on automating this process. Once ownership has been set, the owner/TC can create an Outlook 2007 profile for the group account and write an auto-reply rule.
- Forwarding can only be set to one address. If you need to have the account forwarded to multiple addresses, please change the account to a forwarding only account or create a Campus Group or listserv and ask the Help Center to assist you with setting the forward.
- To add or change forwarding, please contact the Help Center at 2-HELP (617-552-4357).
- In Exchange, the display name and reply to address will sometimes default to system settings. For group accounts, the default settings are based on the primary alias for the group account.
- To change the primary alias, please contact the Help Center at 2-HELP (617-552-4357).
- Group email accounts will be subject to the automatic purge of messages that have been in the deleted items folder over 30 days.
- Outlook Web Access (owa.bc.edu) does not support this feature.
- Outlook users can check html code by opening the html through Internet Explorer (File>Open) and then selecting Send page by email from the File menu. We do not recommend sending html in this manner as the code is not reliable when read by multiple email clients.
- Department's may send html email via BC's bulk mail process. VP approval is required for mass email messages.
- Creating an HTML email? To minimize formatting issues in HTML emails you create, see these HTML Email Design Guidelines & Resources.
- For additional options, please contact the Help Center at 2-HELP (617-552-4357) for assistance.