Photo Page Sections
The Photo List Web page is divided into two or three sections (or frames):
- The top bar with the Agora Portal logo and the pull-down menu labeled with your full name (on some popup windows this section does not appear).
- The solid color area with the total number of pages and the "printing tips" link. When there is more than one page, this section includes a pull-down menu that allows you to select from multiple pages of the list.
- A white area with the photos.
To print the Photo List section, do the following:
- From the pull-down menu that lists the pages of your photo list, select the page you would like to print.
- Wait until the selected page has finished loading and all of the photos appear on your screen.
- Very important step: Click once, anywhere in the white space of the photo list section. This one mouse click indicates to the computer which of the sections (described above) you want to print.
- Without clicking anywhere else on the web page, click the Print button that is along the top of your web browser window, or choose Print from the File menu.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for each page of your photo list that you want to print.
Additional Considerations for Printing Photo Lists
The actual size of what prints is determined by a number of factors. The factors which have the biggest bearing on the printed output are:
- Operating system (Windows or Mac)
- Screen display size (i.e., desktop area pixel setting)
- Size of the monitor
- Amount of space that the browser is occupying on the desktop. (i.e., Is the browser open full screen, or is it displaying in a smaller window?)
- Browser's font and page settings. (If you have personalized your web browser and changed the original font and page settings, you will be impacting the way output prints from your browser.)
Maximizing your browser window should improve your printout even if you don't change your desktop display settings or monitor. To maximize your browser window, use the mouse to click in the lower right-hand corner of the browser window, and hold the mouse button down while dragging the cursor down and to the right to expand the window size. If you are using Netscape's browser, change the browser window size before entering Agora Portal, as the browser has to rebuild pages when you resize, and you most likely will have to re-request your output after resizing.
With so many factors impacting your print output, it is difficult to tell you exactly what will happen with each combination. However, when we determined the formatting of each browser page, we attempted to fit the print output onto a 8 1/2 x 11 page with some of the more common systems which tend to consume more print space on a page (such as Mac systems w/13-14" monitors and 640x480 desktop pixel settings).