Writing and Sending Emails
Sending email from Outlook works very similarly to other email programs you have used. To send messages from Outlook:
- With your email displayed, click New in the toolbar.
- Click to the right of the To... field and type the email address of the recipient. If you are sending to someone at Boston College, you only need to type their name (Learn more about this in the next section). Separate multiple addresses or names using semi-colons, as shown below.
- To send a copy of the message to one or more people, enter their names in the Cc: field the same way you would in the To: field.
- Enter a subject for your message on the Subject line.
- Type your message in the message body box.
- Click Send.
By default, the Bcc field is hidden. You can show the Bcc field by clicking the Options tab and pressing the Show Bcc button in the fields group.