Importing a CSV file into Outlook 2002
Tip: We recommend that you print these instructions.
To create a new contact folder:
- From your Outlook menu, select File > New > Folder.
The Create New Folder window will appear.
- In the Name: field type a descriptive name for your address book.
- In the Folder contains: field, select Contact Items.
- In the Select where to place the folder: window, select Contacts.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Create New Folder window.
- You may see a dialog box asking if you want to add a shortcut to your Outlook Bar. Select Yes if you want your new address book to appear in the My Shortcuts area.
Part 2: Import your .csv file
To import your .csv file:
- From your Outlook menu, select File > Import and Export.
The Import and Export Wizard should appear.
- Select Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click Next.
- Use the Browse button to select the converted .csv file on your desktop (not the .txt file you exported) then click OK.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Replace duplicates with items imported
- Allow duplicates to be created
- Do not import duplicate items
- Click Next.
- Select Contacts as the destination folder and click Next.
Note: If you created a subfolder in your Contacts area for this address book (using Part 1), you should expand the Contact area by clicking on the (+) sign. Then select the subfolder.
- Review the action that will be performed then click Finish to import the file and close the Import Wizard.
- Verify that your contacts have been imported properly by viewing your Contacts area.